Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Dad 709: The Super Shoe

(Dad writes today! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! The weather finally is giving us a taste of spring and even summer. Please get here soon!
 
Last week I told you I would tell you about my "super shoe." So here is a short story of the super shoe.
 
After my last foot surgery to clean out the infection, I was supposed to walk on my heel to keep all weight off of my toe. This would help the healing process, but it wasn't happening. I mentioned building a different heel for my shoe but was discouraged from doing so.
 
In the hospital my foot finally started to heal. The day that I was being discharged from the hospital to rehab, I was issued a new type of shoe (my "super shoe"). It has a rebuilt heel that helped me to get up on my heel and not use my toe area. My rehab was on its way.
 
I was released from rehab after one week by my surgeon, and I have been wearing a simple surgical shoe as the healing goes on. In a couple of weeks I'll get back to all regular shoes.
 
Here is a poor drawing of the super shoe.

 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!


(P.S. Below is my own rendering of the super shoe, from heel to toe! 😏 ~ Tracy)

No comments: