Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Dad 699: Lew's Exciting Day

(Dad writes today. His note to me when he gave me what he'd written: "Tracy – Sorry it is so long." Enjoy! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! Another day of dealing with results of the storm. Had snow at first. Then rain and wind. A storm last month cleared out a lot of trees and branches so we didn't have as much damage. Even now in the late afternoon there are still 15,000+ without power. Another similar storm Saturday.
 
Lew had an exciting day today. He had his Wednesday breakfast with his group. I had a scheduled dentist date for a filling. Lew made it home, but not by using his regular route. Some roads were under water.
 
The dentist had called me to see if I could come a little earlier. I said "no" because I was dependent on Lew's ride. The dentist called again this morning but I was still not available to go early.
 
Lew started to take me to the dentist but we ran into trouble. Route One was under water and we had to reroute. (The dentist is only three miles from our house.) We called the dentist and told them we probably would be late. We were only five to ten minutes late, and the dentist said they would do the procedure.
 
Lew ran some errands while I got my cavity fixed. We then started home, going the long way around. We needed to stop at Walgreens but couldn't access it by car. Lew was able to park at the Dairy Corner and walk across the road to Walgreens to pick up my prescriptions.
 
We then wanted to go to Ace Hardware to get rechargeable batteries since I had ordered the wrong size. We tried driving through a snowbank in the strip mall next to the Dairy Corner. We got stuck.
 
A bigger truck finally came along and pulled us out. We went to the hardware store and found the batteries I needed. We then went home!
 
I am now caught up with my duties.
 
Today was not my first time to be lifted up on snow and get stuck. Next week I'll tell you about trying to get through a snowbank years ago... and how I got unstuck. Sister Deb didn't appreciate my driving!
 
That's it for today.
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: