Sunday, July 16, 2023

Mom's Move

A couple mornings ago (Friday), Debbie and I helped move Mom to a different room at the nursing home. We were informed a couple weeks ago that this would be happening. The wing that Mom has been on for three years is becoming a short-term stay wing, hence the move.

In our opinion, the new room is nicer than her old one! The major concern is Mom's adjustment to the change. I spent Friday afternoon with her, and Dad visited late afternoon as well. I also went yesterday and today for a couple hours each day. Yesterday was kind of tough for her, but today was better. I think she will get used to the new space.

Mom's new roommate is hardly ever in the room during the day and goes to bed early. So the atmosphere is quiet and peaceful, which is good for Mom.

I told Mom that we all knew she was in a new room and that we would visit her just like always.

Someone else figured out Mom had moved, too. Today, outside Mom's window:

No comments: