Thursday, May 18, 2023

I Go Outside

Wow! I spent time outside on three separate occasions over the past couple days:

#1. Yesterday I asked Mom if she wanted to go outside and she said, "Yes!"  So we got her in her wheelchair and outside we went. We went three times around the small traffic circle in front of the building's main entrance before she wanted to go back inside. That's two times more than usual, so I knew she enjoyed it. 

#2. I met my friend Mary for lunch today. After we ate we sat on a bench outside of the restaurant to chat for a few more minutes. Right after we sat down, I checked my text messages. She had beat me to the restaurant and had texted, "Sitting on the bench out front." I was just seeing her text and we laughed about how her text message was true once again!

#3. Lew and I went to Eli's Little League game tonight. It was a little chilly, but we had some hot food from the snack bar and managed to "inadvertently" persevere to the end of the game. Why inadvertently? We planned to leave after five innings. Little League games are typically six innings long, but tonight's game "timed out" because another game was scheduled. So they only played five innings after all! Eli's team got beat, 7-4, but it was fun to watch them play.

All this fresh air has made me tired!  🌞

No comments: