Friday, May 26, 2023

An Expensive Hobby

Building a 250-pound robot and then putting it in a position to get destroyed... well, that is an expensive hobby.  And it is also the premise of the TV show BattleBots.

BattleBots is one of Lew's favorite shows; in fact it may be his most favorite. So after hearing him talk about it and seeing a few of the matches here and there, I decided to watch the post-season with him.

The post-season started with 32 teams in a single-elimination tournament. Last night was the championship itself, which we watched tonight via DVR (a wonderful invention).

I think I may have enjoyed the show enough to watch the next season when it comes on. I have no desire to build my own bot, though. I don't think I could stand watching it get pulverized! Not to mention the money.... 😁

No comments: