Thursday, May 19, 2022

Printer Repair

Lately our printer hasn't been aligning the ink cartridges properly. Because of this, anything we've been printing is of poor quality.

By default, I am the tech support for our household. Thus it fell upon me to figure out the printer dilemma. The two options: 1) fix the current printer (my preference), or 2) buy a new printer.

I did an internet search on our problem. The most likely solution involved using my moistened fingertip to remove some dried up ink inside of the printer.

After opening the printer, I did see some dried up ink. I did the fingertip thing and then ran the alignment process on the printer. It aligned correctly! So, although I now had inky fingers, I did have a functioning printer.

Tracy's Printer Repair Shop is hopefully closed for a while!

No comments: