Monday, April 11, 2022

An Adventure With Mom

The weather was beautiful today, so I decided to take Mom outside for a bit when I went to visit her.

We previously had walked completely around the nursing home building last summer, so I decided to do that with her again today.

This was not one of my better ideas.

There is a paved path that goes partway around the nursing home, but then it stops. Pushing Mom's wheelchair on the grass was not easy today since the ground was soft. Plus it wasn't level. Plus there were tree roots sticking up in places. Mom was patient with me and seemed more concerned about my getting tired than the very distinct possibility that she could be dumped from the wheelchair at any moment. But with a little backtracking at one point, we eventually completed our trip around the nursing home!

And if I suggest walking around the building again soon? Mom has been instructed to reply, "NO!"

🤣

No comments: