Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Dad 592: Home of the Braves

(Congratulations to Atlanta! Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! Fall is now in the air. The weather is not sunny and not very warm. Right now the temp on the television weather channel is 50°. One thing is for sure: the weather will get worse before it gets better. I am not a fan of winter!
 
Lew has been very busy these past few days getting all set up for the winter weather. The outside water is now off. Equipment has been moved for storage in the shed and the deck furniture is stored. While Lew has been busy working, I have been busy watching him. Not an easy job!
 
I'm getting ready to visit Mary Lou this afternoon. I'll be leaving shortly to go on my visit.
 
Well, I'm kind of happy that the Braves won the World Series. They were once a favorite team of mine when they were in Boston. As a youngster we would go see the Braves over Labor Day one year and go see the Red Sox every other year. We'd stay at my uncle's; Braves Field was not far from their home. Ah, the good old days. It was there I saw Jackie Robinson. A real treat!
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!
 

No comments: