Thursday, September 16, 2021

Dad 585: A Visit With Mary Lou

(Dad writes a day later than normal. At least we both remembered today! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! I am sitting with Mary Lou in her room at the nursing home. It is 3:15 PM and we are watching a Gunsmoke episode. (It's the second half of a bank blowing up case that will eventually go "boom" by the end. I've seen it before.) Weather has cleared up quite nicely and we're enjoying the sunny afternoon.
 
As I look out at Mary Lou's birdfeeders I see that they need to be filled up before I go home today. I will do that!
 
{Interlude.}
 
Just got back to Mary Lou's room after taking her for a short trip in her wheelchair down to the main entrance. We saw Tara and June on our trip. On our way back we also saw Emily who said "hello" to Mary Lou. Then back to her room and back to bed. We now are watching Andy Griffith on television. And we wait for Mary Lou's "supper" or "dinner." We grew up with "supper."
 
I'll cut it short for Tracy today. Soooo....
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!
 
P.S. I will take care of the birdfeeders now as I leave for the evening. Supper is served!

No comments: