Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Dad 555: Surprises, Streams, Steps

(Lew and Dad just arrived home from Dad's 6:30 appointment. Dad explains below! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! Another beautiful late-winter day. Temperatures in the high 40s.
 
Just got a phone call to schedule a vaccine for COVID-19. I suggested waiting for a different location and refused. Then Lew told me to take the first one offered. So I got back in touch with them, and I'm now scheduled for my first shot at 6:30 PM this evening. Lew knows where the clinic is and will drive me in. Also was given a time for the second shot.
 
Got a phone call from the nursing home yesterday about an inside visit with Spouse. This was a welcome surprise to me. We had a great 30-minute visit with a divider between us. The time went by fast, and no, I can't bring Mary Lou home now as she often asks!
 
Was able to watch Rock Falls, Illinois varsity boys basketball twice in the last week. Zach (Kelsey's husband) coaches them. All teams wear masks and even the officials wear masks. Hope to watch all Zach's games that are streamed.
 
Last Thursday I fell off the bottom step outside. I couldn't get up but I knew Lew was leaving shortly. He showed up about 10 minutes later and he helped me get up. Not easy, but finally!
 
I've had a busy week, but a good one!
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: