Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Dad 554: One Year Ago

(A year ago today was the President's Day holiday. Dad writes about the significance of that day. ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! Enjoying a very sunny beautiful day in February. Hard to believe that we are now in the last half of the month. Please come, Spring!
 
Well, date-wise, this is exactly one year to the day that Mary Lou fell at home while I was at the store. I returned home to find out that Lew and Tracy had found her on our floor unconscious. She was transported to the hospital with a bleed on her brain. She was unable to talk and would just stare at me. I was told by the nurses and doctors she would be "in and out" for a while as she recovered and would hopefully get back to normal. Three days after her fall she was moved to the nursing home where she has been for the last year. After a few more days she was able to do more than just stare at me. But it was agreed that she had dementia and I could probably not care for her anymore. Since March 13, 2020, we have not been able to visit her. After I get my COVID vaccine I hopefully will be able to have a live visit with her. Can't wait!
 
Another big news day today. The most listened-to radio personality has died at age 70. Rush Limbaugh has left the earth. R.I.P.
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: