Thursday, July 9, 2020

The Masks We Wear

Yesterday I went to Michael's during my lunch break. It was the first time I had gone shopping since the whole "wear a mask" thing started.  (Lew does the grocery shopping.)

I personally do not like wearing a mask. I am constantly pulling it away from my face so I can breathe better. My glasses always fog up, too.  (And, no, I am NOT putting shaving cream on my glasses, or any other substance that supposedly keeps them from fogging up. My lenses are very expensive and I don't want to compromise the coating on them.)

Despite my dislike of the mask, I wore it while I was in the store because I didn't want to get arrested. There were several children in the store, and all were wearing masks. This sight really bothered me.

I have been praying to God to heal our world of the Coronavirus. I don't want to wear a mask anymore. I want businesses to open back up (although many people have already lost their small businesses). Most of all, I want to be able to visit my mother face-to-face.

But no matter what the future brings, God is sovereign.... Believe it!  💗

No comments: