Saturday, June 20, 2020

Lew's Logbook: One of My Favorite Things

(Dad and Lew are keeping my blog alive. Enjoy Lew's post! ~ Tracy)

One of my favorite things is eating breakfast.

I can cook up a mean breakfast, but I much prefer to have one served to me in a restaurant. It is one of life’s simple pleasures that I have missed during this “Crona” event.

Last night my father-in-law and I picked up Tracy at work (normally he wouldn’t have gone but I had a bad leg cramp and thought it wise not to drive) and on the way home we decided to pick something up for dinner. We stopped at the diner that we frequent and, low and behold, we were able to go in, sit down and be served. We had to wear masks to the table and I had to give them my name and phone number but all else was pretty much normal. It was a pleasant experience.

Back to breakfast.... This diner serves a very nice breakfast. My favorite combo is the 2 egg, 2 bacon, 2 sausage, ham, homefries, pancake and toast. (Yes, I do like breakfast.) I am looking forward to going there once or twice this week. We’re not back to normal, but this development is a big step in the right direction.

Oh, and BTW, I even have a picture of said meal.

No comments: