Friday, February 23, 2018

The Lost Week

I've had a head cold this week, which kept me home from work for two full days (Tuesday and Thursday) and for part of the day on both Monday and Wednesday.  I told my office-mates today that I feel like I've lost a week.  But despite my absence, I am not too far behind at work. (Next week is month-end, though, so that will change soon.)

I was getting my day started on Wednesday when Lew came downstairs and told me that Billy Graham had passed away. We watched some of the stories about him on the morning news programs, and Lew and I both got a little teary-eyed. A good and faithful servant has gone on to his reward.

On a completely different subject, our federal and state income tax refunds both got direct-deposited this past week. Another successful tax filing is in the books.

Speaking of books, I plan to do some reading this weekend while I continue to recuperate from my lost week. I am looking forward to it!

No comments: