Saturday, November 25, 2017

Lew's Logbook: Sold!

(Lew writes today. Enjoy! ~ Tracy)

Sold!  

I placed an item for sale on Facebook Marketplace. The first two responses I received were strange. In fact, one of them wasn’t in English??  

I also received a message asking me if I would take $___ for the item. Trying to low-ball for a piece that you haven’t even seen seems to be a non-serious offer, so I ignored that one also.  

Actually, I pretty much was ignoring any responses because I didn’t want to be bothered.  

Last night I turned on my Kindle Fire and there was a message from a guy asking if the item was still available. I replied that it was. Right away he wrote back and asked if he could see it today. I said yes and gave him my address and let him know what I would accept. There would be no haggling.  

He showed up on time with his son, looked at the item, gave me the money and was on his way. He got a good deal and I got an item out of the house.  

Selling stuff is not easy, but sometimes things work out well.

No comments: