Saturday, November 4, 2017

Lew's Logbook: My Lineman

(Lew writes tonight. ~ Tracy)

I have been texting with my son this evening.  He has been working mandatory 12-hour days because he is a lineman for the phone company.  

The big blow that went through Southern Maine this week took poles down all over the place and it is his job to put the poles back in place.  He said he’s getting tired and my response was, “That’s what it takes to be a hero.”  

I was kidding, of course. But for the first time I can remember, lineman are getting a lot of attention for the work that they do.  So many people were without power that there has been a growing appreciation for the work they do and the fact that they do it under difficult circumstances.  

The fact is that my son has always been special to me, and now the people of Southern Maine are just catching on.  😊

No comments: