Monday, December 5, 2016

Eli versus Tia

Saturday morning I got a chance to hang out with Eli and Adam a bit.

While Adam prepared for our tea party, Eli and I played four games of Hangman.

First round:  I picked the word "CAT."  With only one leg to go before "Hangman!" I gave Eli some helpful hints.  Winner: Eli.

Second round: I got to pick the word again. I went with "MAN" this time. When Eli asked for hints, I just couldn't help myself.  Winner: Eli.

Third round: I thought "TOY" would be a good word. I still gave hints. Winner: Eli.

Fourth round:  Eli wanted to have a chance to pick a word. I asked him if he knew how to spell any (he's five) and he said, "Yes!"  We started with four blank letters, but he added another one when he realized he was going to have one letter left over.  I ended up hanging.  Eli's word:  ELMNY. (Definition: What Eli used to call Elmo.)

So Eli was the big winner, four rounds to zero.  But I think I may lodge a protest with the National Hangman Federation.

No comments: