Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Dad 335: Truck Trouble

(Day two for me recuperating at home. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! In the middle of a few days of somewhat inclement weather. It is that time of the year. Nothing unusual.
 
Well I just returned from Christmas shopping. I was gone less than one hour. I know what I want – go in the two stores and I'm out very quickly. Now I just have to package all our gifts for the day.
 
Monday I had a six-week appointment with my podiatrist for what he calls an "oil change and check up." I started my truck and brought it up next to our house. (I like to run it now and then, just to run it a little.) However, when I started for the doctor's office, my truck wouldn't even turn over. So I went in the car.
 
When I arrived home I called AAA. Still didn't get it to turn over. Glen came up in the evening and Lew, Glen and I had no luck again. I made arrangements to get it to Glen's shop on Tuesday.
 
Didn't need a tow as for some strange reason it turned over and started on its own. Got it repaired – new starter and put a new battery in it. Truck is back – plow is back on – Thanks, Lew – and it's parked in the yard where it belongs.
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: