Saturday, January 16, 2016

On Retirement

(Lew came through and wrote today's post. I love him. ~ Tracy)

I retired from full time work on 12/31/15 (I will be working part time for about a month to help train my successor).

Human nature being what it is, I am constantly asked “what’s it like being retired”? The answer is, I have no idea…yet.

I have been blessed with a job since I was 17 years old and it’s going to take some time to adjust to this new reality.

Right now I am a bit stressed (yes, stressed) about being non-productive. For the last 30 years I have had jobs with significant responsibility and now, not. Tracy is working which adds to my stress level because of self-imposed guilt.

I knew that it was time for me to retire so I do not have regrets, but now I wonder what is next. We are praying for direction and trusting God.

In the meantime I will take care of the house, do some cooking, exercise and keep our kitties company. They seem to enjoy having me around.

No comments: