Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A New and Improved Wake-Up Call

I have a terrible time hauling my body out of bed in the morning.

For several years, I have used the "radio" function on my alarm clock to wake up by. The problem with that is I keep wanting to hear one song after another. (We listen to a station that plays a lot of classic rock.)

This past weekend I decided to make a change.

I now use the "iPod" function and wake up to "'O Sole Mio" by Il Volo. I listen to all three minutes and 37 seconds of the song, and then I get up out of bed.

I have had three successful mornings in a row. I've had time to exercise, read a little bit, and get to work on time (sort of).

Lew asked me how I decided on that particular song, and I didn't really know. But I guess it appealed to me because it's not abrupt (which is why I don't use a buzzer alarm). And it does seem like a good first-thing-in-the-morning song; it's easy to listen to and has nice harmonies. And because it's not in English, I don't really sing along.... Not yet anyway!

No comments: