Monday, October 5, 2015

Laptop Timing Out

I have had my current laptop (my first one ever) for several years. It still runs Windows XP, which Microsoft stopped supporting on April 8, 2014.

I have been nursing it along since then. I've been running malware and virus scans every week. Plus I back up my data to an external drive (although not as often as I should).

I try to do as much "in the cloud" as I can on my iPad and iPhone so that I don't need to depend on my laptop for too many things.

There are three programs that I really need my laptop for:
  • iTunes
  • Quicken
  • TurboTax
Everything was going fine until yesterday. Although I still have a working iTunes program on my laptop, it appears that I can't download the latest version. And I need the latest version in order to connect my laptop and my iPad. This is not the end of the world, but it is a sign of more trouble to come.

I think that Santa may have to bring me a new laptop this year. (I will decide which one, Santa!)

Yes, although it has served me well, my current laptop has timed out. It had a good run.

No comments: