Friday, April 12, 2013

Hairball Remedy Caper

Neither of our cats has thrown up a hairball yet. (Fun topic, I know.) But it hasn't been for lack of trying, especially on Jerry's part.

I used to be really good about giving both cats Laxatone about three times a week. And they had no hairball issues because of my diligence. But somehow I got out of the habit, so poor little Jerry has been hacking a bit.

This week I started doing better with the Laxatone. I squeeze every last bit of that stuff out of the tube, but today I finally needed to open a new one.

I put a little bit on the edge of my hand. The cat in question then usually licks it off my hand.

Usually.

Jerry wanted nothing to do with the Laxatone today.

He ran away from me.

I put some on his nose to see if that helped. He did lick his nose off, but he refused to lick it off my hand.

I knelt down like a baseball catcher, trying to get Jerry to come closer. I ended up toppling over into his water dish and splashed water all over the floor.

I decided to use the "green-eyed monster" trick. Jerry followed me when I offered the Laxatone to Kurt. Kurt lapped it right up. See, Jerry?

I put a little more Laxatone on my hand and bribed Jerry with a goodie. He came near me and ate the goodie but not the Laxatone.

Next I learned that if you try to force a cat to lick Laxatone off your hand, the Laxatone will end up on the cat's back.

Realizing that I needed to wipe the gel off of Jerry's back before he rolled around on something (like my pillow), I abandoned my quest.

Maybe we'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: