Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dad 145: In Defense of the Blog

(Dad wrote less than usual today, so that is some improvement at least. Baby steps, baby steps.... LOL! Enjoy Dad's post! -- Tracy)

Derf Here! Coming to you today from the great Northeast. Must say the weather is also great today. Sunny and temp is supposed to reach the 60s. Today it feels like Spring!

I received and survived some severe criticism this past week from my editor (Tracy) and also from my proofreader (a.k.a. Spouse). It seems that I haven't lived up to my potential in my past postings. I'll try to improve my writings from this day forward.

I disagree with the above criticisms. But who am I to argue or disagree with my superiors. I must do better! Do better! Do better! The blog must go on! Here goes!

There is still some snow around in the parking lots at certain businesses. From my house I can see none. Our lawn is actually showing some green. I hope I get my tractor back in time for mowing the lawn. Must keep up with the yard work. Must get into "Spring mode!"

I want to get outdoors to do some chores today so I'm skipping my elliptical session. I'll use any excuse to not exercise. Actually I never miss more than one day a week. Usually I make all five days. I rest on the weekends. I need more rest!

Here are some quick updates:

1.) Glen, Deb and the boys are in Florida for a few more days. They will travel home Saturday.

2.) Still requesting prayers for sister Jean as her situation is very serious. Thanks for your prayers.

3.) Asking for prayers for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings. Pray that the coward(s) that did this deed will be brought to justice. The sooner the better!

4.) Just heard that George "Bev" Shea passed away. He celebrated his 104th birthday a couple of months ago. What a legacy he leaves along with his close friends. Those being Cliff Barrows and Billy Graham. What a great threesome! Two of them remain with us.

5.) Looking forward to Joe coming from Illinois to direct the Maine All-State Chorus next month.

Hope to do a better job on the blog next week. But for now I'm done because I must go outside and do some spring chores.

Soooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: