Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Dad 661: Back to Normal (Almost)

(Dad writes today! Also, Happy 203rd Birthday to the State of Maine! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! The storm is over and not as bad as predicted. Still about 40,000 without power in Maine. Rain and mountain snow predicted on Saturday. It seems as though our winter is in March. Please come soon, Spring.
 
Thursday evening, February 23rd, I was transported to Maine Medical Center as I was suffering from lack of movement and strength. I had been vomiting Thursday evening. I vomited early Saturday morning and at the time I was ready to "buy the farm." I was told I had a "bug" and the rest of my family also got it. I, however, had some vomit get into my lungs. As a result, I had pneumonia.
 
I was transported on February 28th to a rehab facility – the same facility where my wife has been a long-term care patient for the past three years. I managed to not see her during my short stay.
 
After a few days of PT and OT I was discharged on Sunday, March 5th, to come home. I have received PT, OT, and healthcare needs at home along with nurse visits. I have completed all of my home care and will be discharged by my home nurse on March 20th (the first day of Spring).
 
I seem to be back to normal and will be glad to see Mary Lou on March 22nd. Looking forward to it!
 
Enough for now.
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: