Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Dad 461: A1c

(Happy Birthday to me! Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! Well, another cool day on the home grounds. Had about a day and 1/2 of good weather the last week. Still our temperatures are hovering in the low 50s. Please warm up! This noon it was snowing up north. May 1st and snow. Really?
 
I have taken an insulin shot (along with pills) for almost four months to help control my blood as a new "old" diabetic. Well, now I am trying to go with just pills and so far my personal care doctor said to keep it up.
 
I don't understand what A1c is. When I was hospitalized four months ago, I was told mine was 10 and they hoped I could get it down to around 7. Well, my blood test in April was in a normal range at 5.3. I don't know what it is but it is a good report.
 
Spouse and I keep on going. It was a few years back that our first-born arrived on this date. Tracy showed up on May 1, 1963. Happy Birthday, Tracy.
 
Done for now.
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: