Thursday, June 21, 2018

An Off Day

I felt a little “off” all day.

It started as I was walking from my car into work. I realized I had left my work keys and my computer glasses at home! Fortunately Lew was able to bring both to me, otherwise I would have lost 45 minutes or so of work time.

I also wrote an e-mail telling a colleague to use a future date in 2017. I e-mailed her a correction when I realized my error. She had already figured out what date I meant, but she enjoyed thinking we might have the ability to turn back time.

There were several more things that contributed to my “off” day, and they all started to blend together. But one more stands out....

I was working diligently at my desk when I noticed a scurrying motion. I looked down to see a huge black ant right next to my hands. I did the only sensible thing, which was to scream and leap back out of my chair. Then I grabbed my weapon of choice (a tissue) and disposed of the intruder.

I want to be “on” tomorrow!

No comments: