Saturday, March 4, 2017

Lew's Logbook: Litter Box

(My husband is brilliant! Enjoy his post! ~ Tracy)

I have not been a cat person for most of my life, but now…let’s just say that I have grown.

Some of you know our large cat, Jerry.

Two weeks ago Jerry deposited a significant pile of poop at the bottom of our stairs. It was a healthy one. He had not done that before so I started wondering why.

Google: "My cat pooped on the floor.”

One of the suggestions was that the cat may be uncomfortable in an enclosed litter box. We have a fancy one of those downstairs, and it has occurred to me that it is a little tight for big Jerry. He had not used it to poop for a while. (The litter box upstairs is not enclosed.)

Answer: Modify the box.

The picture below shows the extra height I added to the “pooperia."

It worked.

Jerry is now making deposits again.


No comments: