Monday, February 6, 2017

Surreal

Did you watch the Super Bowl game last night?

I watched all of the first quarter.

After Atlanta went up 14-0 in the second quarter, I had to walk away.

I did some work at my desk and checked the score on my phone every so often.

I had not anticipated watching Lady Gaga's half-time show, but I ended up watching the whole thing.

When the game came back on, it was back upstairs for me.

I checked my phone a few minutes after the third quarter started and saw that it was 28-3.

So I decided to get ready for bed.

Lew was still watching the game downstairs, so I could hear what was going on.

And what do you know?  The Patriots were crawling back into the game.

With 1:57 left in the fourth quarter, I went down the stairs just far enough so I could see the living room TV.

When they got the touchdown, I went a little further down the stairs. They were a two-point conversion away from actually tying the game up.

Two-point conversion attempt: Successful!

I made it all the way down the stairs and watched the rest of the game.

Did you hear a loud "WOOHOO" after the Patriots won in overtime? That was my cheering you heard!

😊🏈

No comments: