Saturday, February 11, 2017

Lew's Logbook: Super Bowl Distraction

(Lew offers some perspective in his post today. ~ Tracy)

I really enjoyed the Super Bowl. Tracy was trying to divert her attention from, what seemed to be, a Patriots big loss. She tends to get very involved in Patriots and Red Sox games. Normally I would have been more anxious but I had something on my mind.

One of my Tuesday morning breakfast buddies told us two weeks ago that he was having some chest pain when he exercises. Another of our group happened to spend his whole career operating heart lung machines at Maine Medical. He was concerned and began pressing Mr. Chest Pain to deal with this immediately.

He had some tests done on the Friday before the game and had bypass surgery the following Monday. He needed five bypasses.

So as I watched the game I was thinking and praying for my friend. Yes, I wanted the Pats to win, but it just didn’t seem that important.

No comments: