Monday, November 20, 2023

Back to the Blog

It's been a few weeks since I've actually written a blog post myself, so thank you for still reading Mainely Tracy. And many thanks to my father (a.k.a. Derf) for keeping the blog going with his own weekly posts.

It has taken me a while to adjust to the fact that I no longer visit Mom at the nursing home every day. I did stop in there at the end of last week to drop something off, and some of the staff mentioned it's been an adjustment for them as well. They all loved my mother.

I am taking this whole week off from work. This is the first time I've done that since starting my part-time job in early March. I spent the weekend doing nothing other than eating too much and watching football with Lew.

Today I became a productive member of society. I visited a friend this morning. I did Dad's laundry and my own laundry this afternoon. I also took care of some mail that had piled up on my desk.

Other than our Thanksgiving plans, I have scheduled nothing more for the week. Maybe I'll finish some books that I've started — I have about five going right now! Maybe I'll do some origami. Maybe I'll create something with LEGO bricks. Maybe I'll do a jigsaw puzzle. Maybe I'll watch a movie... or two... or three....

Hey, I even may write another blog post.

No comments: