Friday, August 6, 2021

My Dream Job

I went to a job interview late yesterday.

Lew drove me and we both went inside the building. One of the first people we saw was a guy we apparently knew from church.

Then I went to the first part of my interview. It was on the first floor of the building in a room with a large table in it. Someone showed me what seat I should take, and the next thing I knew every other seat at the table was occupied by current employees. They asked me all sorts of questions, and I was quite humorous in my responses. One of the women asked whether I invested in some company I had never heard of. I told them I took an investment class while getting my MBA, and that it was SO boring... I even slumped in my chair to illustrate the extent of my boredom. They all laughed! I think they liked me.

It was time for the second part of my interview. A woman was leading the way, and she suddenly said "Oh, wait!" as she started running up some stairs. After a few steps she looked back at me and I realized I was supposed to be following her... despite her saying to wait.

The executive offices were upstairs. It was a beautiful space. I sat in a large open area and was again surrounded by a lot of other employees. (I even knew one of them from a prior job!) The CEO got up and welcomed me and said we were going to watch a video.

I didn't understand the video, but I did notice the picture was upside down. Nobody seemed bothered by this, which made me suspicious.... Was this a "test" for me? So I spoke up and said the picture is upside down. I was correct about it being a test! They wanted to see if I had the guts to speak up.

Then we played a game where we introduced each other. When it was my turn to introduce someone else (Melinda) I did a little dance step. They all laughed! I think they liked me.

I don't know whether I got the job or not, because I woke up before they told me.

No comments: