Saturday, May 30, 2020

Lew's Logbook: Cobblestones to Remove

(After a long hiatus, Lew is back as a guest blogger! I think he is joking about setting up a page.... I think.... ~ Tracy)

Projects are a never ending reality if you own a home. As the saying goes, if it’s not one thing it’s another.

My latest involves our very old and deteriorating driveway. Over the years the right side has been sinking and cracking and exposing the rather large cobblestones along the edge. This past winter we started to pay someone else to plow our driveway and these protruding stones are a real menace.

In anticipation of having our driveway repaved, I have begun the process of removing the cobblestones. I’m not sure why I want to keep them, but they are very nice stones. Each one weighs about 25# and are basically flat on five sides. Fire pit, maybe.

Anyway, I figured it would take me a couple of weeks to dig them out because I am only willing and able to expend so much energy each day. I have included a picture of my progress. Fifty stones out so far.

I’m going to get a couple of bids for the paving job. After that I will be setting up a GoFundMe page.


No comments: