Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Dad 472: The Front of the Envelope

(Aha! Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! Another very warm summer day here in the Northeast. Temperatures this Saturday to be close to 100°. Last day this warm was in 2011.
 
All is well here as we seem to be getting along quite nicely. I do have a mistake to clear up. Please continue reading.
 
A few days ago we had a family discussion about the front of an envelope. There were several family members that said the front was the side with the addresses and stamps on them. I was the lone holdout. I thought the front had the flap on it. A few days later I mailed a check with a bill. I now change my mind as I placed the check behind the company bill. That is the only way the check wouldn't block the return address through the clearing on the envelope. Hence the front is the flat side and the flap side will remain the back side. I stand corrected. Imagine that. Me being wrong!
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: