Saturday, April 6, 2019

Lew's Logbook: Modified Bird Feeder

(After a hiatus of almost four months, Lew returns to blogging. Enjoy his post! ~ Tracy)


I have written about my new-found hobby of maintaining a bird feeder that I can observe from my recliner.

Now sis-in-law Deb has gotten the bird feeding bug. But she doesn’t have one feeder. She has about four of them hanging in her front yard and now is telling me she’s going to expand.

Last week she drove into the yard with Zack and commented, “Uncle Lew really needs to step it up with his bird feeder.” What!?! I have a very nice feeder that attracts all kinds of birds. But her comment got me to thinking....

My daughter-in-law gave me a suet block for Christmas, so I bought an attachment for my feeder pole and stepped it up a little.



I don’t think I can keep up with Deb though. She’s on a mission to create a birdie food court in her yard.

No comments: