Friday, October 12, 2018

Lew's Logbook: Streaming to My Hearing Aids

(Welcome to a special Friday night edition of Lew's Logbook. Enjoy! ~  Tracy)

I mentioned in my last post that I probably would never use the streaming function of my hearing aids…. I was wrong.

First of all, the first time I received a call on my cell phone (it was Tracy) I realized that I was not hearing her talk from the phone speaker. The sound of her voice was in my head. The phone had paired with my hearing aids automatically, so I did not need to hold the phone to my ear. It was very strange. Tracy had to tell me a couple of times to speak into the phone because I was distracted by the way I was hearing her.

I usually go for a walk a couple of times a week and take a little radio with me. Well, you can’t put ear buds in your ears if you are wearing hearing aids. I had an idea. I downloaded “TuneIn” to my phone. On my walk I streamed my favorite program (Rush) to my aids. It worked flawlessly and did not keep me from hearing all that was going on around me.

I’m really quite amazed with the technology. The only thing I’m worried about is the possibility that someone could access my hearing aids and re-program my mind. Actually, considering the way my mind works now, maybe that wouldn’t be so bad. 😊

No comments: