Saturday, January 20, 2018

Lew's Logbook: Window Blinds

(Lew worked hard this week. Enjoy his post! ~ Tracy)

Over the last few years our window blinds have been breaking down.

We have 11 windows that are the same size and they all are covered by 2” faux-wood blinds. The pulley systems have been breaking on the ones we use the most. When that happened, I would do a quick repair and swap the bad one with a blind that we seldom use.

Well, that caught up to me when I realized that five of the blinds were bad…time for new ones.

So, I go to one of the on-line blind retailers that I always hear advertised thinking that it would be the best option. After plugging in the dimensions, my price per was over $70. Seemed a little high to me.

Next step was to Amazon. I found ready-made blinds the proper size that were only $28 apiece. I only ordered one to evaluate. Of course all the hardware was different BUT they fit better, look better and function better than the blinds we have.

I ordered two more to finish the living room.

Then Tracy says “just do them all.” Okay.

The project is now complete and Amazon saved me about $350, plus the blinds were all delivered to my home. (Did I mention free two-day shipping?)

When Amazon takes over the world I hope they remember that I am one of their best customers.

No comments: