Sunday, October 15, 2023

Praying for Mom

Dad and I both see Mom every day. When I got to the nursing home on Friday, she was sitting in her wheelchair! It had been a while since she had done that.

Yesterday she asked to "play games" which means to do her little jigsaw puzzles. She did a few with me and also did some with Dad when he was in later.

It was nice to see her sitting up, and it was nice to work on puzzles with her. But the current concern is that she is not eating more than a couple bites (if that), although she is drinking fluids.

Today was a difficult day. She didn't say much. I asked her, "Am I your Tracy?" and she nodded. Before I left to pick up Dad for his visit with her, I asked what her husband's name is, and she did answer... correctly, by the way!

Please pray that the nursing home staff can keep Mom pain-free and comfortable. And pray that her mind can be at peace. I made a sign a long time ago that hangs where Mom can see it: "Mom, don't be afraid. God is with you."

Friday... working on her puzzles!

No comments: