Saturday, October 21, 2017

Lew's Logbook: My Football Fix

(Lew writes today! ~ Tracy)

Finally, football.

I am not watching the NFL this year (and maybe never again). If they will not put a stop to the anti-American antics of some of their employees, then this customer is gone.

As Tracy noted in her blog yesterday, we went to see nephew Zack’s football team, the Scarborough Red Storm, play the undefeated Scots of Bonny Eagle. This was the most significant high school football game of the year in Southern Maine. There must have been a couple of thousand people at this game, and during the National Anthem you could have heard a pin drop.

I was totally pumped as we watched Scarborough dominate on both sides of the ball. At one point I blurted out, “I have not been watching the NFL this year and this is so much fun.” There were several people around us that heard my comment and gave me a knowing smile.

More football to come as Zack’s team goes into the playoffs.

GO STORM!

No comments: