Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Two Champions

Last night was a busy sports night with the deciding games of the Men's College World Series and the NHL Stanley Cup.

The Tennessee Volunteers won the national title in baseball. The Vols were the number one seed in the tournament, which hasn't always been a good thing. In fact, the last time the top seed won was in 1999. What's even more amazing to me is that 1999 was 25 years ago! How did that happen? 

The Florida Panthers won the hockey game. They won the first three games of the best of seven series. Piece of cake, right? Well, they lost the next three games, and had to win a deciding game seven. Which they did. I didn't listen to any post-game interviews, but I imagine the Panthers players were all thinking, "Phew!"

Congratulations to both teams. I didn't really follow either during the regular season, but I do enjoy a good tournament!

⚾🏒

No comments: