Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Dad 718: Reunion on The Hill

(Dad writes about his big day this past Saturday. Enjoy! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! Today seems fairly nice. Sun is out in this area but showers are in other parts of the state. We may get some later today. Blog post is a little long today! (Good luck, Tracy!)
 
Well, Glen and Deb transported me to the 200th Anniversary Reunion at Kents Hill School. I was there in answer to an invitation by the Class of 1964. I decided to go as the weather report went from rain all day to just showers in the afternoon. The weather was good until our ride home. We drove through a shower and got home under the sun.
 
More about our day at the reunion:
 
The first surprise was when we went in to register. Glen walked into the hall and saw a friend of his! I registered and got my name tag which identified me as "Former Faculty." Glen then took over and arranged for a golf cart to ride around in for the day. We found out they had a cart for us to use and they gave Glen the key. Spent the morning visiting with the class of 1964 at their 60th reunion. Met with many '64 graduates including Dick and Joanne O'Connor. (Dick invited me to the reunion.) Also met with Ted Alfond and finally met his wife, Barbara.
 
We all had a luncheon in the Bibby and Harold Alfond Dining Commons. Had lobster rolls. Then we were ready for the afternoon activities.
 
We didn't attend the former faculty reception, but instead chose to go see portions of the alumni basketball and hockey games in the Harold & Ted Alfond Athletics Center. (Mary Lou and I attended the dedication of the Center in 2001.) We had returned the golf cart, so Glen pushed me around in my transport chair while at the Center. We saw the basketball court and the beautiful hockey rink. Our last stop at the Center was the Joanne & Dick O'Connor Weight Room. The room was beautiful and loaded with devices. I even "worked out" (only for pictures)!
 
I must say Glen, Deb, and I were welcomed and treated quite well. A great day and so glad I got there!
 
This coming Saturday we (Lew, Tracy, and I) will go to a dedication of a patio brick in memory of Mary Lou at the Hospice. I'll say more about that next week.
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!

Derf!
 


No comments: