Sunday, August 11, 2024

Medals

I enjoyed the Olympics, especially since Team USA had great success!

Watching the women's soccer team win gold yesterday was nerve-wracking, but that didn't compare to the women's basketball gold medal game today. I expected Team USA to win by a comfortable margin and they won by only ONE point. I was happy they pulled it out, but my nerves were "shot" afterward.

I am not a huge fan of the events decided by judges, although I am certainly impressed by the athletes (for example, gymnasts and divers). I much prefer events that are more easily measured.... You get there first and you win. You score the most points or goals and you win. You throw it the greatest distance and you win. You jump the longest or highest and you win. 

These Olympics were not without controversy (are they ever?) but the athletes were fun to watch. Congratulations to them all for being Olympians. That alone is an outstanding accomplishment.

No comments: