Sunday, January 21, 2024

Home Sweet... Oh, Rats

The title of my blog post tonight was going to be "Home Sweet Home" because all of the home teams won the divisional playoff games this weekend.

But one of the home teams just lost... the Buffalo Bills... the game that I cared the most about. Ugh. Sad.

As for the other three games, I did find myself rooting for one team over the other: the Texans (lost to the Ravens), the 49ers (won over the Packers), and the Lions (won over the Buccaneers).

So I went 2 and 2 this weekend. The second 2 feels a lot bigger, though.  Maybe I should write my weekend record this way:
       2 and 2

And the weekend record for the home teams:
       3 and 1

A week from today the Super Bowl matchup will be set. The order of my personal preference for said matchup:
  1. Baltimore Ravens vs. San Francisco 49ers
  2. Baltimore Ravens vs. Detroit Lions
  3. Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers
  4. Kansas City Chiefs vs. Detroit Lions
My biggest hope for Super Bowl Sunday is that Lew will make cheese nachos.

No comments: