Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Dad 688: We Say Goodbye... For Now

(Dad writes today. Our lives are forever changed. ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! Another beautiful fall day with temperatures above normal (high 60s).
 
I lost my bride of 63 years this past Sunday, October 22. Mary Lou had stopped eating, and her mind was not capable of normal thought processes. She had not spoken to us for a couple weeks as she was making her way to her Savior, Jesus Christ, to meet him face-to-face. I know she recognized Tracy and me as we met with her daily. We are happy to know where she is now, but the heart still has a hole in it. We will see her in the future. I am ready to go!
 
Zack came home from the University of Maine for the weekend, although he had originally planned to stay at school. But this allowed Glen, Deb, and their two boys, Josh and Zack, to visit Mary Lou on Saturday. Feels so good that they all were able to visit Lou as a family one last time on the day before she passed. I believe God planned this visit and had Zack come home from school.
 
I must write an obituary with Tracy's help. I hope we will have it published within a week or so. There will be no services at this time. Instead, we will have a family gathering in the summer to celebrate her life.
 
We rejoice that Mary Lou's troubles are over. She is whole again! But she is certainly missed by her family. Yes, we are sad, but we know we will see her again. What a thought!
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: